Monday, February 26, 2007

Saving the Planet- one little step at a time

Recently my mother asked me what I was doing to save the planet- I wasn't able to answer. So since that conversation I have been thinking... here is my list:
1)I don't get a newspaper- I steal my parents, therefore saving the Herald from printing one more.

2) We use low flow toilets...does the fact that they are electric nullify this?

3) I just recently switched to using a permanent coffee filter- this helps save on the trees it requires to make bleached coffee filters. I have discovered I like brewing my java this way, as it makes it stronger without having to use so much grinds.

4) We fertilize our lawn with chopped up doggy do.

5) When I go to Costco, I use the same shopping bags over and over again. They are made out of recycled stuff!!!

6) Sometimes I leave Adam's diaper on a bit longer than normal- he isn't prone to diaper rashes, so don't worry - he isn't suffering. Cloth diapers- don't even ask!

As you can see, I think I need some help- got suggestions??? You must really think them through because Rick has answer for everything.

1 comment:

adrienne said...

shower with a friend!